Eight dead in Senegal soccer stadium crush: Minister

Eight people were killed during Senegal’s soccer league cup final in Dakar on Saturday, the sports minister told AFP, as a wall collapsed onto clashing supporters, triggering a panicked crush.

Sports Minister Matar Ba said a young girl was among the dead, while around 60 injured fans had been taken to health facilities in Dakar.

He vowed “strong measures so that such an event will never be repeated in Senegal,” speaking to AFP by phone.

A mass deployment of firefighters and ambulances remained at the scene late Saturday.

An AFP journalist who attended the match described a stadium bursting with people for the long-awaited clash between local teams US Ouakam and Stade de Mbour.


Shabakada Baahin.com Kala Soco Wararkii Ugu Danbeeyay

Nagala Xiriir E-mail cabkayare@gmail.com

Fikradaha Akhristayaasha (0)